Skip to main content

Happy Father's Day

I am the guy who had the blog waiterextraordinaire for about 9 years or so. Exactly one year ago today I left my job as a waiter because I couldn't do my job anymore without it doing more harm than good to my body. Thus I deleted the blog and everything else including my YouTube  account since drinking beer and wine was not going to help with my health issues. I figured you cannot be a waiterextraordinaire and not be a waiter, right?

But a year later I find myself trying to find things to do around the house so I have restarted blogging only this time naming the blog formerwaiterextraordinaire which only makes sense. My wife works at a popular chicken restaurant in town and she is always coming home with stories on how the place is run so that can give me some good writing ideas and of course as well as my ongoing wrestling match with my health.

While my wife works today I am stuck inside with my two sons afraid to go out with the humid ex over forty Celsius and having my ankles swell up like grapefruits. 

Sometimes I get peeved off when I am unable to do what I'd like to do. I enjoyed going to the YMCA here in town and have a mild workout, do some yoga, then jump into the whirlpool followed by the sauna. Not any more. We are going away for two weeks on the 4th of July so I am hoping my hemoglobin stays up so I can enjoy the trip.

On March 1st had the spleen removed which helped things out a lot. Now I am trying to kill the cancer that was causing the enlarged spleen. I take chemo tablets once a week. The thing is though is for how long? Meanwhile the chemo tablets must be dropping my hemoglobin, no? Then because of all the transfusions my iron levels are 15 times higher than they should be therefore I need to be on some sort of iron chelation iv 8 hours a night while I sleep every night for 3 consecutive months.

The oncologist last time said a bone marrow transplant is not out of the question which floored me. Such an optimist. After that being shelved now we are back to that again. 

All I can say is come on hemoglobin and let this form of non-hodgkins lymphoma disappear as quickly as possible. I am 59 and supposed to have the golden years ahead of me so let's get this fixed up soon and not make it a project.

Please....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22 Years Ago Today

Twenty - two years ago today my wife came to Canada. How time flies! I remember that day vividly. I was living in Victoria B.C. and she was flying to Vancouver airport. I left Victoria in the morning and got a hotel room in Vancouver for the night as her flight was not arriving till 11:00 at night. On August 24th we got married in Victoria. In all my life this was the best decision I ever made. She has been a great partner and mother to our kids. She is my rock for sure especially with what I have been going through the past year and a half. Always positive. Thank you for being you!